Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Transplant Update

Hi - this is Heather, Jennifer's mom. She wanted me to post an update letting you know what's been happening with her. You probably know that she has been in the hospital for a long time now. It's been 5 weeks and she hasn't gotten any better - only worse. Sunday her doctor called Danny and Kevin and me and told us to come over to the hospital - that he wanted to talk to us in person. Right away I was so upset! When we got there he told us what we already knew - she wasn't getting better - there wasn't anything else that they could do to make her better except get her transplant done. The plan was to take her by ambulance the following day (yesterday) up to Shands where she would be admitted and stay until they had a donor. Yesterday morning they put her on a ventilator and flew her up to Gainesville. She is now number one on the list so we pray that her new lungs will come very soon. This morning at 11:00 she will have a tracheotomy done so that they can get the tubes out of her throat and get her moving around again. Danny and I won't be leaving her side. I promise to keep you updated as things happen. Please keep her in your prayers - we love her very much.

6 comments:

Niki Shimko said...

Please tell Jen the staff in Ft. Myers are praying for her!

OceanDesert said...

Jen, Stay strong and I know those lungs are coming soon! MUCH love, Sara

Cara said...

Sending tons of love and prayers your way, Jen.

Stacey said...

Saying lots of prayers and keeping fingers and toes crossed that the perfect set of lungs finds you soon!

Christy said...

Jen,
I have not been blogging recently, but thankfully Stacey posted about you on FB.

You are certainly in my prayers! I'm excited that you will soon have new lungs and be able to do all of the things you have been denied.

I will watch for updates. Stay strong, and keep staying positive. XOXO

Unknown said...

Good luck to you kid and hopefully you and your loved-ones keep your life-vibes going and all that love you will do the same. I don't know what else to say except keep on keeping on! The human spirit is damn powerful! I wish you the best and know you will show yourself as the boss!