Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cowboy Casserole!

This casserole is as delicious as it is easy!

My husband is from Minnesota. Home of the "hot dish" so I have had my share of tater tot casseroles and to be honest I have never really been a fan. But this one is REALLY good! The only thing I think I will change and try next time is when I am browning the meat I think I will throw in some chopped onion and a few cloves of minced garlic. Just because lets be honest garlic makes everything taste better! :)

Well, here is the recipe! If you try it leave me a comment I would love to hear what you think!!

Cowboy Casserole

Ingredients

  • 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
  • 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
  • 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
  • 1/3 cup 2% milk
  • 2 tablespoons sour cream
  • 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 cups frozen Tater Tots

Directions

  • In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the corn, soup, 1/4 cup cheese, milk, sour cream, onion powder and pepper.
  • Place 1 cup Tater Tots in a greased 3-cup baking dish. Layer with beef mixture and remaining Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.



**Just a quick side note: This recipe is for 2 servings so if you are a family of four you will want to double the ingredients!!

0 comments: