Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Challenge!

So a few weeks ago I was perusing the internet for new recipes to try and I stumbled upon a wonderful blog called Amanda's Cookin'. Well in Amanda's "about me" column she was explaining how in 2008 when she started her blog she was still using cake mixes and cooking the same dinners week after week. She now bakes almost everything from scratch and gives the credit to a baking group she is apart of called Tuesdays with Dorie. Well my curiosity of this baking group had me stumble over to their blog to find out what it was all about.

Tuesdays with Dorie is basically a group of bloggers who bake there way through whatever cookbook is chosen and twice a month (always on a Tuesday) they post pictures of the recipe that you were told to make. You must make at least one of the recipes every month to be able to be in the group.

I just so happened to find this website in the nick of time because they are just now starting a new cookbook and were taking names of people who wanted to join. We will be baking recipes from the cookbook Baking with Julia by: Dorie Greenspan based on the PBS series hosted by Julia Child who I absolutely LOVE!



The first recipe will be posted on February 7th and I can't wait! I am going to the grocery store today to buy my ingredients. I am hoping that like Amanda this group will help me to try different recipes and flavors that I might not have tried on my own and help me to become a better baker! I just read the TWD blog this morning and they are up to over 300 bloggers who have signed up to be apart of this challenge! There's gonna be a whole lot of baking going on that's for sure. :)

I believe there is still time that if you wanted to sign up and join the baking group too you can just head over to the TWD link that I posted above!!

0 comments: