Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Zesty Roasted Chicken and Potatoes

Hi Ya'll! I hope you all have had a great new year so far. Can you believe its already the end of January??!! Crazy...

This recipe that I am sharing with you today is called Zesty Roasted Chicken and Potatoes and I believe its from my Betty Crocker cookbook (the bridal edition) that I got for our wedding almost five years ago. It was one of the first meals I learned how to make when I moved in with my husband and it quickly became one of our favorite go to "quick" meals. At one point I think we even had it every week for dinner! I now try different recipes a lot so we haven't had this dish in awhile so the other night I made it and it was just as delicious as I remember. The great thing about this meal is that it is quick, easy AND its all made on one pan so clean up is a breeze! Give it a try I know you will love it too! :)


Zesty Roasted Chicken and Potatoes!
Ingredients:
6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1 lb. small red potatoes, cut in quarters
1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Chopped fresh chives, if desired.




Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray a baking sheet, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch with cooking spray.
2. Place chicken and potatoes in pan. Mix remaining ingredients except chives; brush over chicken and potatoes.
3. Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender and juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Sprinkle with chives.





**Depending on your oven you may have to bake this a little longer than the recommended time. Mine is usually in the oven 40-45 minutes and then its perfect. It really depends on how big or small my potatoes are so at around 40 minutes I check the potatoes and go from there. I also almost never use chives just because that isn't something I always have in my fridge and it doesn't really make a huge difference its still an amazing dinner without it. 

Well there you go. Let me know what you think if you try it! Happy Tuesday everybody!! :)

Jen
XoxoX

0 comments: