So, I opened up my trusty Macbook and went to my all time FAVORITE cooking blog For the Love of Cooking! I go on Pam's blog several times a week just to go over her many recipes to get different ideas on what I would like to make. She also takes amazing pictures of her food, something I really want to learn how to do better!
I remembered that on one of my many trips to her blog I saw a simple recipe for what she calls Tomato and Basil Sandwich with a Twist. Its an open face sandwich on bagel thins which I just love because I love bagels but sometimes a whole regular size bagel is just to much bread...the bagel thin is a perfect size for an afternoon snack or a light lunch!
Anyway, I didn't have all the exact ingredients she used but it was close enough! If you want her original recipe you can go see it here.
Tomato and Basil Sandwich with a Twist!
- 1 whole wheat bagel thin, toasted
- Philadelphia cream cheese (as much or as little as you like)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Basil leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Toast your bagel then spread the cheese evenly over both slices of bagel.
- Top the cheese with basil leaves then the tomato slices.
- Season the top with salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
**I have in the past made this with the everything bagel and it was FANTASTIC I just didn't have that on hand this time!
Enjoy and have a great day!! :)