Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Quick Snack

The other day while I was waiting for Danny to come home so I could start dinner (he worked later than usual) I was a little hungry but I didn't want to eat something real filling since dinner wasn't to far off the horizon. 

So, I opened up my trusty Macbook and went to my all time FAVORITE cooking blog For the Love of Cooking! I go on Pam's blog several times a week just to go over her many recipes to get different ideas on what I would like to make. She also takes amazing pictures of her food, something I really want to learn how to do better! 

I remembered that on one of my many trips to her blog I saw a simple recipe for what she calls Tomato and Basil Sandwich with a Twist. Its an open face sandwich on bagel thins which I just love because I love bagels but sometimes a whole regular size bagel is just to much bread...the bagel thin is a perfect size for an afternoon snack or a light lunch! 

Anyway, I didn't have all the exact ingredients she used but it was close enough! If you want her original recipe you can go see it here

Tomato and Basil Sandwich with a Twist!
Ingredients:

  • 1 whole wheat bagel thin, toasted
  • Philadelphia cream cheese (as much or as little as you like) 
  • 1 tomato, sliced
  • Basil leaves
  • Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste

Directions:
  1. Toast your bagel then spread the cheese evenly over both slices of bagel.
  2. Top the cheese with basil leaves then the tomato slices.
  3. Season the top with salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Serve immediately. Enjoy.

**I have in the past made this with the everything bagel and it was FANTASTIC I just didn't have that on hand this time! 




Enjoy and have a great day!! :) 

0 comments: