Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Savory Garlic Marinated Steaks W/Scalloped Potatoes and Cheesy Broccoli!

Last night we had I think the BEST marinated steaks I have ever made...and that's saying a lot considering I am more of a plain steak with a little steak sauce type of girl! They were SO flavorful and smelled so good. Like the minute I opened up the marinade bag to put them on the grill I was ready to eat thats how good it smelled! I wish your screen was "scratch and sniff" cause then you would get what I am talking about!! LOL

The Scalloped Potatoes is a recipe I got from my grandma years ago. Its my favorite recipe for scalloped potatoes and its SO easy...it only takes 20 minutes in the microwave and they are a million times better than anything you would make out of a box! I have NEVER made scalloped potatoes out of a box since I have had this recipe I refuse to.

The Cheesy Broccoli I believe is from my Betty Crocker cookbook but I don't 100% remember. Anyway...here are the recipes!! :)

Savory Garlic Marinated Steaks

Ingredients

  • 1 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
  • 2 pinches cayenne pepper
  • 4 (1/2 pound) rib-eye steaks



Directions

  • In a medium bowl, mix the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, olive oil, ground black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, liquid smoke, and cayenne pepper.
  • Place steaks in a shallow glass dish with the marinade, and turn to coat. For optimum flavor, rub the liquid into the meat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.
  • Preheat grill for medium-high to high heat.
  • Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill steaks 7 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Discard leftover marinade.


  • Scalloped Potatoes

    Ingredients

    1/2 cup chopped onions
    2 tablespoons margarine
    2 tablespoons flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1 cup milk
    5 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes


    Directions

    1. Place onion and butter in 1 1/2qt casserole. Cook in microwave HIGH HEAT for 1 1/2 minutes, or until onion is tender.

    2. Blend in flour, seasonings and milk. Cook in microwave on high for 4 minutes or until thickened. Stir halfway through cooking time.

    3. Add potatoes. Stir lightly to coat. Cook covered on full power for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender!


    Cheesy Broccoli

    Ingredients

    1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup

    1/4 cup milk

    4 cups frozen broccoli cuts




    Directions

    1. Stir the soup and milk in a 2-quart microwavable casserole. Stir in the broccoli.
    2. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5-10 minutes or until the broccoli is tender-crisp, stirring once during cooking.



    And here is my final plate!!! Seriously if you want a DELICIOUS steak dinner make this recipe you won't be sorry!! :)




    0 comments: