Thursday, September 8, 2011

Skillet Chicken Parmesan!

I am FINALLY back with another food blog! I have been very lazy in the last week because I haven't felt the greatest thanks to my back but that doesn't mean I haven't been cooking or taking pictures...it just means that by the time I get upstairs and to my laptop I don't fee like uploading my pics and writing a blog to go with it!!

I have like 4 or 5 meals I need to blog about so I hope to get them out in the next few days. This meal that I am doing now we had for dinner last Thursday (told u I was behind!!) and it was SO good and made the house smell DELICIOUS while it was cooking...

Skillet Chicken Parmesan

3/4
cup Original Bisquick® mix
1
teaspoon Italian seasoning
2
tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1
egg
4
boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz each)
3
tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
2
cups tomato pasta sauce (from 26-oz jar)
1
cup shredded Italian cheese blend (4 oz)

Step 1
In shallow dish or pie plate, mix Bisquick mix, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. In another shallow dish or pie plate, beat egg. Coat chicken with Bisquick mixture, then dip into egg, and coat again with Bisquick mixture.

Step 2
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Cover; cook 8 to 10 minutes longer, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Remove from skillet to plate.

Step 3
Add pasta sauce to skillet. Place chicken on top of sauce. Sprinkle with Italian cheese blend. Cover; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.

Add...here is my final plate!! :)


You can serve it over any pasta you like, I really like penne pasta so thats what I used and served it along with some Texas Toast!! Oh and I didn't use the Italian cheese blend like the recipe called for I used shredded mozzarella cause thats what I had on hand!! Enjoy!!

0 comments: