Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wednesday Morning

It's been a few days since I wrote anything so here I am!

This weekend was kind of slow, Danny had to work ALL weekend. I tell you I have one of the hardest working husbands in America he works 6 days a week every week and then sometimes seven if his dad needs the work to get done (he works for his parents construction company.) The thing that makes me feel bad for him is he is usually the only one besides his dad to actually work on Sunday's (he has three brother's who work for the company who choose to stay home instead of helping.) I just worry about him cause I don't want him getting run down and he has such a HUGE feeling of responsibility to his family and work that he can't say no if they ask him to work and they know that. OK enough about that...

Monday, I went into work for a little bit. That was nice to get out of my house for awhile and see everybody but boy was I tired by the time I got home! I just can't wait till I can go back to work and actually be there all day like I used to.

Yesterday was a big day....I taught Brodie how to sit and shake!! It took me ALL day to get that little turd to sit he just did NOT want to budge but eventually he did and then the shake came pretty easy. I also made him an appointment for the Vet on Thursday to get him all checked out and to get him started on a heartworm/flea medicine like revolution or something.

Last night I also watched the Presidential Debates. I was getting so annoyed......all they both do is keep saying the same stuff over and over again no matter what the question is. If I have to here John Mccain say one more time that he is a "Maverick" I think I will throw something at my tv! :)

Speaking of John McCain, I just want to address something that has been bothering me. He likes to illustrate his moral fibre by referring to his five years as a prisoner-of-war in Vietnam and to demonstrate his commitment to family values but do any of you know the story of his first wife and why they got divorced? He married Carol McCain in 1965 she was a famous beauty and successful swimwear model and they had 3 kids. He then went off to Vietnam where he was a POW.

During this time his wife Carol was in a horrible car accident her pelvis and one arm were shattered by the impact and she suffered massive internal injuries. When Carol was discharged from hospital after six months of life-saving surgery, the prognosis was bleak. In order to save her legs, surgeons had been forced to cut away huge sections of shattered bone, taking with it her tall figure. She was confined to a wheelchair and was forced to use a catheter. Through sheer hard work, Carol learned to walk again. But when John McCain came home from Vietnam, she had gained a lot of weight and bore little resemblance to her old self. Today, she stands at just 5ft4in and still walks awkwardly, with a pronounced limp. Her body is held together by screws and metal plates.

Once he got home, as a was hero we began to run in more elevated circles and running around with girls (he has admitted to this.) In 1979 he met Cindy McCain over the next six months he pursued her, flying around the country to see her. Then he began to push to end his marriage. Five weeks after his divorce was final he married Cindy. His new father-in-law gave him a job and introduced him to local businessmen and political powerbrokers who would smooth his passage to Washington via the House of Representatives and Senate.

For a guy who makes such a big deal about his character it makes me kind of wonder what kind of character he has since he not only MULTIPLE times cheated on his wife but then left his crippled wife for a million dollar heiress 18 years his junior!

Doesn't sound to good to me but what do I know!!! :)

0 comments: