Sunday, February 14, 2010

2 more weeks...

Well I went to my appt and just like I thought my doctor is extending my abx to 2 more weeks! I thought it was going to be for just one more week so I was a little surprised when he said 2 but I'm fine with it as long as I feel better.

He did switch up my schedule a little bit so I could get more sleep which I appreciate! Plus he added an abx so now I am on 3 total. Ceftazidime and Azactam every 8hrs and Amikacin every 24hrs. So its a really do-able schedule and I am not anywhere near as tired as I was last week.

After the first day of all 3 abx I already felt tons better and noticed a vast improvement to my SOB! The only con to this whole 3 abx thing is it is really making me itchy and I HATE being itchy!! When I am in the hospital I get IV Benadryl if I am itchy and at home I don't. Unfortunately PO Benadryl doesn't help at all so I am kind of just stuck here being miserable! :(

I got to visit with my cousin Maria the past few days cause her family was in town from NY so that was really nice. I hadn't seen her in over a year. I am used to seeing her a couple times a year with her coming here and me going there and this whole can't go anywhere cause I am on the transplant list is seriously putting a damper on my traveling schedule! I can't wait till I can once again go on vacation other than somewhere in the state of FL!! :)

I only have 3 more movies to go and I will have seen all 10 best picture nominees!! The Blind Side was amazing (knew it would be) and I really enjoyed Up in the Air (love me some George Clooney!) I didn't like The Hurt Locker really at all which is surprising cause I heard it was a good movie...it just really dragged on and I honestly was glad when it was over.

Well I am almost done with my last abx so I am going to bed soon. Danny and I and his brother and his brother's wife are all going to dinner tonight at a restaurant called Rum Runners. We have only been there once before on our first wedding anniversary but really liked it so it should be nice. I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day and that you all spend it with someone special!! :)

Good Night!

1 comments:

Katey said...

Glad you are feeling better! The 2 wks will fly by quickly. I'll be praying the itching calms down some. I hate doing IV Van at home because I take the IV benadryl with it while in the hospital, but only the oral while at home...and it drives me crazy. Too bad we can't do the IV benadryl at home :)