Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Looks like im not going anywhere!

Well to day is day 13 and I thought I would be able to go home today since I had a transplant appointment tomorrow, but I had to call and cancel it because I am still in the hospital.

My steroids are being continued from 5 days to 7 and while I feel like I am opening up and I am definitely breathing easier...I am STILL on one liter of oxygen.

My doc has stopped the mucomyst for now because it was making me feel more constricted and not doing any good.

The last couple of weeks I was causing myself A LOT of extra stress and anxiety due to a couple different situations (plus with the steroids my anxiety was like double!!) and that was also causing me to not get good sleep and when my anxiety kicks in my chest tightens up even more. SO a few days ago I was prescribed Ambien for sleep and Klonopin for the anxiety just while I am on the steroids and let me tell you....it has helped tremendously! I feel a lot calmer and its the first time in 2 weeks I have slept through the night.

My doctor has also added cipro to the abx that I am taking. Its just a pill so its not that big of a deal. Did I also mention that I have been doing physical therapy while I am here?? Since I was working out at home I didn't want to be in the hospital and loose any of the strength that I have worked up so I asked my doc to set it up. I now have a little exercise bike and work out bands in my room that I do. I really enjoy the bike and have also thought of possibly getting on for home!

So all in all I feel like I am on the mend...I am just ready to go home!

0 comments: