Friday, August 26, 2011

Crouton Crushed Chicken Tenders W/Orange BBQ Sauce!

One of our favorite go to easy meals is homemade chicken tenders. I usually just coat them with italian bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and then bake them in the oven but I saw today's recipe on an episode of Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee and it looked pretty good so I decided to give it a try!

The only thing I didn't like about it was they didn't brown up as much as I would have liked (and I even left them in a little longer than the directions said to) I probably could have put them under the broiler for a few minutes and that would have done the trick but by that time I was hungry and tired of waiting for dinner to be done! :)

Crouton Crushed Chicken Tenders

Ingredients

  • 1 (6-ounce) bag garlic and butter croutons
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
  • 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders


Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Cut the corner off of the bag croutons just enough to let the air escape. Place the bag onto a cutting board, cover with a kitchen towel and smash it with a rolling pin. Crush the croutons until coarse in texture.

Set up a breading station with 3 pie plates or baking dishes. In 1 dish add the flour, and season it with poultry seasoning, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. In the second dish mix together the egg and buttermilk. In the third dish add the crushed croutons, and the bread crumbs.

Dip chicken tenders into the flour and shake of any excess. Then dip them into the buttermilk, and then into the bread crumb mixture making sure to thoroughly coat the tenders. Put the tenders on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

Transfer to a platter and serve with the orange barbeque sauce.


Orange BBQ Sauce

Ingredients

Directions

Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl, and whisk together until well combined.

And...here is my final plate!! Now as a person who does NOT like anything even remotely spicy...don't let the fact that the BBQ sauce has a little hot sauce in it make you think its hot. I was gonna leave it out but decided to add it and I am glad I did...it was DELICIOUS! :)


**for the 1 1/2 pounds of chicken tenders I just took four boneless-skinless chicken breast and cut them into strips! I then served them with Velvetta Shellls and Green Beans. Happy Eating!

0 comments: