I am a few days late with this blog...I made this meal Friday night. We had Danny's brother and his wife and kids over for dinner along with Danny's brother Tony who lives with us. All total there was I think nine of us so I needed a meal that fed a lot but didn't break the bank! This crock-pot recipe feeds 12 so it was PERFECT!
Flavorful Beef in Gravy
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add beef and toss to coat. In a skillet, brown beef in oil.
- Transfer beef to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the soups, milk and soup mix. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Serve with noodles or potatoes.
Lemon-Herbed Mashed Potatoes
1 (5 pound) bag yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
2 tbsp. minced green onion
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. lemon zest
In a large dutch oven, combine potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Drain potatoes and return to dutch oven. Add butter, sour cream, green onion, parsley, salt and lemon zest. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes to desired consistency.
Roasted Green Beans
2 (8 ounce) bags fresh green beans
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminium foil.
Place green beans in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic, an drizzle with olive oil and S&P. Toss gently to coat.
Bake for 12 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Serve immediately.
**Here is a picture of it in the crock-pot. Sadly I was so hungry by the time we had dinner I was half way through my plate when I realized I didn't take a picture of my completed plate!! Im such an idiot...lol. Anyway I also served this meal with a loaf of puerto rican bread and some butter! Enjoy!! :)