Monday, August 15, 2011

Tortellini with Peas and Prosciutto!

I just recently got a new cookbook in the mail. Its called, Food Network Magazine~Great Easy Meals!! The BEST thing about this cookbook is that it has a picture of EVERY recipe which I absolutely LOVE!

I have to also say that lately I have been using a lot more fresh products than usual (fresh herbs, and whole garlic cloves instead of minced garlic from the fridge) and I am really enjoying the extra Oomph it seems to be giving to my cooking!

So here is tonights dinner. I hope you enjoy! And remember if you end up trying it...let me know what you think!! :)

Tortellini with Peas and Prosciutto

Ingredients


Directions

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook as the label directs.

Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and prosciutto and cook until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Ladle in about 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and simmer until reduced by about half, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cream and simmer until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.

About 2 minutes before the tortellini are done, add the peas to the boiling water and cook until just tender. Drain the tortellini and peas and add to the skillet, tossing to coat with the sauce. Stir in the parsley. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.



Here is my final plate! I served it with biscuits drizzled with honey. Very flavorful...I was stuffed full by the end of the meal! :)



P.S. on a little side note...I couldn't find meat filled tortellini so I just got the ones filled with cheese and it was still delicious! I mean, pasta and cheese....how bad can that be??

0 comments: