Thursday, December 24, 2009

Doctor's Appt,

Yesterday I had a check-up with my CF doctor. I went in feeling great thinking I was going to have a great check-up and then I had to do PFTs and I hate doing PFTs!!

I know PFTs are just one aspect of how well I am doing and that I shouldn't dwell on the numbers but I can't help it....it's what I do. My doctor did tell me that my right upper airway has a few more crackles than usual and that is probably why my FEV1 went down a little. So he wants me to do an extra breathing treatment everyday and also concentrate a little extra time pounding on my upper lobes when I am done with the vest.

On a good note from my appointment my weight is still really good. I think its the highest its ever been at 115.5!! WOO HOO! They keep asking me at my appts what I am doing different to keep the weight on and honestly I have know idea...all I know is I have had to buy several pairs of new jeans! :)

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas! I have to go to the grocery store soon to get all the ingredients to make a Red Velvet cake to take to my moms tomorrow! YUM!

0 comments: