Thursday, July 8, 2010

in the hospital

I was admitted Tuesday because I knew last week I was starting to feel crappy but I wanted to hold out till I got back from our 4th of July in Orlando.

Well needless to say I think I waited to long because I have felt like complete CRAP the last 2 days. My x-rays show that I have a few mucous plugs which I already figured I had anyway because I could feel little hard pieces when I coughed a few times (sorry about the tmi there.) So my first night here I was awakened every hour through out the night for breathing treatments so needless to say I was exhausted ALL day yesterday.

Then this morning I awoke thinking I felt a little better but soon after my first treatment/vest I started feeling really tight and my sats weren't staying above 90 and I was on like 8L of oxygen. So Dr. Faverio gave me 100mg of solumedrol IV and treatments every 2 hours and that did the trick to open me up and raise my sats and lower the oxygen. We both think that the plugs are moving up and out and that is what is causing my sob. So hopefully they come out with out anymore trouble and I can get cleared out!

My blood work also came back that I was a little dehydrated and that my electrolytes where low so that was a little weird I have never had that before. So I was on fluids for a little bit yesterday and then today he started me on some pill to help with the electrolytes. So we will see...

Anyway...that's all that is going on right now. I will let you know how I am doing in a few days. My goal is to be home by the 16th because my mom's birthday is the 17th so please think good thoughts that I can be home for that!


OceanDesert said...

So glad the Solumedrol helped! That stuff is a heavy hitter!

Sending hugs and good thoughts your way!!!

ps. I can't recall off hand what my LAS score was b/f tx, but I'll see if I can find out!

Amy said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed you are out in time!! :)

Jess said...

Hope you feel better and get out soon!