Monday, December 22, 2008

Orientation

So today was the orientation of my pulmonary rehab that I am starting next Tuesday! I got there at 9:30am and I didn't get home till 1:00pm.

Most of the meeting was me talking with the respiratory therapist about my medications, signing paperwork, getting blood pressure/baseline readings of oxygen, etc. and the second half was hooking me up with the heart monitor (all the patients have to wear the monitor while they work out) fitting me/finding out what my settings where on all the machines and then using all the machines for a couple minutes to see kind of where I am at THEN I had to do a six minute walk!

By the time I got home I was beat!! My little sister is here for few days (we are baking cookies tomorrow) so she made the two of us lunch and then while I was watching General Hospital at 3 I started to dose off a little bit because I was SO tired. I couldn't even keep my eyes open for my favorite soap!

I am sure once I get going with the program I am going to feel tired at first but I know in the long run the positives WAY out weigh anything else...I am just excited to get started and hopefully start feeling better and stronger! :)

Also, I can't remember if I told you already but I thought my abx were done today but the place that delivers my meds said my last dose wasn't till Wednesday evening so I still have a couple days....I can't wait until it is done, I am SO over getting up before it is light outside!! :D

0 comments: