Thursday, February 26, 2009

5 days down...

I have only been in the joint 5 days and I am already becoming stir crazy! Part of that might be the Solu-Medrol but who knows??

Normally my DR tries to avoid steroids because of my CFRD. My chest was just SO tight when I was admitted PLUS the "episode" I had Sunday morning really gave him no other choice but to use them.

Whatever the reasons of not wanting to use them there is no denying that they help. Plus I have been eating EVERYTHING in sight!

Today was a good day though. I felt well enough to work which is good...a girl still needs to get paid! :) I also started the ball rolling in the right direction for me to get some sort of exercise while I am in here I CAN'T just sit here I will go crazy!! They don't have a pulmonary rehab at this hospital which I find strange but I think they are going to let me use the equipment in the cardiac rehab room. I really don't care what they call it as long as I can do something.

Danny and I did a few laps around the atrium tonight when he got here after work. So I think that's what I will do on the days I can't use the treadmill...at least its movement.

I also have a sleep study scheduled for Monday night. I told my doctor if he wanted me to give it a good college try with the bipap it needed to be on a home model (I hear they are WAY better than the hospitals) because I already know I hate the hospitals machine. To get this approved the sleep study is needed.

I am not to thrilled about the sleep study. I have had one done before and I honestly don't know how they expect anybody to sleep with all that CRAP attached to there entire body!

OK enough hospital talk.....on to American Idol!

Did everyone else like the next 3 added to the top 12?

I have to admit I like the guy who sang MJ's "Man in the Mirror" but then again I am a sucker for old school Michael Jackson!

The guy who sang last with the weird black hair, I know everyone thinks he is great there is just something about him I don't like and I haven't figured out what it is yet.

Did anybody else kind of feel bad for Norman Gentle?? lol

I know he really wanted to make it tonight but I feel they were basically making a joke of him the whole time. I mean they put him up last with weird hair cut dude...did you actually think he was going to be picked? NO...and I know he knew it too.

You could tell on his face as they were dragging it out telling him how horrific he was he knew he was going home. I guess its his own fault he should have come out and sang serious the funny was only going to get him so far.

3 comments:

Cara said...

I'm sure you're ready to get out of there, Jen! Praying for a quick recovery for you, so that you can get home to your own bed and snuggle with the hubby and puppy. :)

Christy said...

OH man.. I really hate that insatiable hunger. I could literally eat everything in my frig when I'm on a lot of steroids!!!

I'm sure the solu-medrol is making you a little stir crazy. Hopefully you'll be out of the hospital soon and won't be so "confined".

I'm praying for a fast recovery!

feafer said...

I like Crazy Black hair guy, or Adam. There is definitely something about him. First, I thought he looked like a Jonas "sister", then I thought he looks like Elvis. Check him out next time.